Carespring Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
We are looking to invest in the next generation of long term care providers! We want to help people go back to school to advance their long term care related career. This opportunity is unique in that we would like to offer these tuition assistance agreements to team members who want to stay with Carespring. This program will be contingent on the team member signing an employment contract.
In order to be considered for a Carespring Tuition Assistance or Student Loan Repayment Agreement an applicant must:
· Be actively employed with Carespring or one of its affiliates for the last 3 consecutive months and be a Full Time or Part Time employee (or parent of a dependent child) of Carespring, or one of its affiliates.
· As a full-time or part-time employee of Carespring, or one of its affiliates, and the employee must have worked a minimum of 24 hours per week for the prior 3 months.
· Be enrolled, or have been accepted, at an accredited college or university: working to obtain a Long Term Care related degree and carry at least 3 credit hours per term;
· Have a minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.5 if already attending college or a minimum GPA of 2.5 if a graduating senior in high school;
Contact your Facility Administrator and DON if you are interested this Carespring Tuition Reimbursement Opportunity.
Complete the Carespring Educational Opportunity Application HERE and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed quarterly.
Carespring Hero Scholarship Fund
In honor of our founder, Barry Bortz, Carespring has established the Carespring Hero Scholarship Fund.
In 2016, Carespring lost its founder and visionary, Barry Bortz. Carespring was an extraordinarily special part of Barry’s life and the Carespring Caregivers held a special place in his heart.
One of Barry’s greatest gifts was his generosity. Assisting Carespring team members with the gift of education was something he loved to do. As well, growing nursing leaders by supporting local colleges of nursing was near to his heart. The Carespring Hero Scholarship Fund has been created to assure that Barry’s charitable spirit lives on. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is May 31st this year! Click here to apply!
In order to be considered for a Carespring Hero Scholarship Fund an applicant must:
· Be a current employee or an unmarried child or stepchild of a current employee of Carespring or one of its affiliates. “Child” shall include natural children, legally adopted children or stepchildren who are dependent upon the employee for support and maintenance and are less than 26 years of age;
· Be actively employed with Carespring or one of its affiliates for the last 12 consecutive months and be a Full Time or Part Time employee (or parent of a dependent child) of Carespring, or one of its affiliates. If a full-time employee of Carespring, or one of its affiliates, and have worked at least 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months prior to the application deadline. (Full-time is defined as regularly scheduled to work a minimum of 30 hours/week), or a Part Time employee (Part time is defined as averaging 24 hours or more per week over the last 12 months). PRN are not eligible.
· Be enrolled, or have been accepted, into one of the following programs at an accredited college or university: Nursing – RN, LPN and BSN; Therapy – Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathologist, Accredited Physical Therapy Assistant or accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant-working to obtain their degree and carry at least 3 credit hours per term; have a minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.5 if already attending college or a minimum GPA of 2.5 if a graduating senior in high school;
REQUIREMENTS: (All required documentation must be submitted directly to the Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation (“CSF”) along with CSF’s online application by April 30th)
· Provide a letter of reference from within Carespring, or one of its affiliates, if a current employee or if a qualified dependent child provide a letter of reference from some one within one of the Carespring facilities or any non-relative qualified to judge the character, integrity and potential of the applicant;
· Submit a brief essay, not to exceed 2 pages, that outlines their career goals and motivation for their educational pursuit;
· Have completed and submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
· Submit with their application a copy of the resume; a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR), and a copy of the Financial Aid Award Letter from the college/university they will be attending.
The amount of the scholarship award shall be determined by the Carespring Hero Scholarship Selection Committee in cooperation with the Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation, the administrator of the Fund and a 501-c-(3) non-profit organization.
May 31st this year
Christ College of Nursing Scholarship
Carespring Health Care “Elinor “Mickey” McFarland Fund”.
Students who complete a general scholarship application will need to meet the admission requirements of the College and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Students will need to maintain a minimum of 6 credit hours each semester to receive funding for the semester. Preference in awarding the scholarship will be given to those students who meet the aforementioned criteria and are employees of Carespring Health Care.
The number and amount of scholarships will be determined by the Financial Aid Office dependent on available funds each year.
Students can apply online HERE! Please submit letter of acceptance along with the Carespring Educational Opportunity Application to email@example.com. Application deadline is April 30th each year.
Other Local Education Partners and Scholarships
There are many great schools in the area that we partner with to assist our Team Members in furthering their education.
We have scholarships available to Team Members at a few local colleges. Click here to learn more!
UC Blue Ash – Nursing Program
Elinor L. Willet, RN/Carespring Health Care Management Scholarship ($6,000)
Two $1,500 scholarships are awarded and divided into two installments for the academic year. This award is contingent upon the student continuing in his/her program and maintaining at least a 2.5 GPA.
The Elinor L. Willet, R.N./Carespring Health Care Management Scholarship is awarded annually to one sophomore student in clinical nursing coursework. The scholarship was created in honor of the late Elinor L. Willet, R.N., mother of the late Barry Bortz, and founder of Carespring Health Care Management.
The criteria for this scholarship are:
· Matriculation in the UCBA Nursing program.
· Sophomore status, or 30+ credit hours, in clinical nursing at the start of the fall semester of the academic year in which the scholarship will be received.
· A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
· The recommendation letter provided with your application must come from a Clinical Nursing professor.
Apply online at ucblueash.edu/scholarships.